View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
RIP : Fallen Angels Urban Terror servers... 
Site Admin

Post Re: RIP : Fallen Angels Urban Terror servers...
What kind of fish tank you have crito? I've got a 90 gallon saltwater mixed reef tank. Love that shit--I can stare at it for hours.

Mon May 13, 2019 7:41 am
Senior Admin

I had saltwater when I was like 19, and then watched my puffer fish die after about a week and a half and decided too expensive, definitely more work then fresh water, used to do the piranha thing, actually got bit by one once, razor sharp, it bled for like a half hour. Havent had a tank for years, I would kinda get attached and they would eventually die so I said fuck it. Might do some community fish again at some point being I still have a tank, fun hobby

Mon May 13, 2019 6:20 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

I have a 50 gallon fresh water tank which I never clean (other than removing excess Java Moss sometimes and scrubbing algae off the sides. I've got a good sized Fluval water pump w/the artificial stones, a "substrate" at the bottom where the fish waste is broken down by bacteria and feeds the plants. The fish are very health, the biggest are a pair of silver swords with black spots on the sides - I guess they're about 5 inches now and should grow another inch in the next year or two.

The only fish I have that I think is cool is the plecko.

Salt water tankes are WAY cooler, I love puffer fish, coral, anemone, etc. But, my tank is basically no maintenance for months at a time, and, I can't really afford to setup a proper saltwater tank with the creatures that I would like to have in it anyway. Maybe if they ever pay me for that Matrix story, I'll get a nice saltwater tank and a BMW M2 (I'm OK with a used one, I don't need anything crazy expensive like a McClarren etc.)

Skull: I had tried keeping fish before in some smaller tanks - did the whole clean + change the water thing for a while, fish died anyway. Now, w/my "no clean" tank with lots of plants (mostly jsut Java Moss) the fish stay healthy and live for years. I sometimes even for get to feed them for more than a week and they don't seem to have a problem with that.

Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 pm
Site Admin

Crit loves the movie Matrix huh

Mon May 13, 2019 10:07 pm
Admin

His mind is in the matrix bro :lol:

Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

The Skullcrane wrote:
I had saltwater when I was like 19, and then watched my puffer fish die after about a week and a half and decided too expensive, definitely more work then fresh water, used to do the piranha thing, actually got bit by one once, razor sharp, it bled for like a half hour. Havent had a tank for years, I would kinda get attached and they would eventually die so I said fuck it. Might do some community fish again at some point being I still have a tank, fun hobby

Knowing what I know about saltwater tanks now, I would argue that if you're just doing fish and know what to do, saltwater is easier. The key is putting enough live rock in the tank to properly process the Ammonia->Nitrite->Nitrate cycle. If you don't put live rock (already colonized with nitrifying bacteria) in there, you need to still put plenty of porous rock in and give it time to establish the bacteria before adding fish (aka cycling the tank). Once you do that you're golden. Skull you probably just didn't give the tank time to cycle. I have a tank full of corals as well and it's pretty much on cruise control now.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:33 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

thugl1fe wrote:
His mind is in the matrix bro :lol:

Actually, The Matrix was in my mind, in the early 1990s, and I pitched the story to three employees at John Gaeta's company in 1995. They liked the story, but didn't tell me they were actually going to make it into a movie - would be nice if they had, and maybe, you know, paid me some?

Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 pm
Site Admin

Copy and paste your original script here Crit

Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Hydr0 wrote:
Copy and paste your original script here Crit

All 4 sentences ? :lol:

Ted "Theadore" Logan finds out the his life and the world he lives in is nothing more than data on the supercloud of life. (Ted sighs, "bummer") :thumbdown:
Ted takes red pill.... trips out. (Ted yells out, "excellent") :thumbup:
(a bunch of cool karate stuff happens, things blow up and the bad guys aren't even real !!! (Ted gasps, "whoa")) :shock:
Man falls in love, loses love and then reboots the world. :wtf:

The End.
:crazy:

In all fairness I think that this was just a rough draft . :clap:

and talk to yourself as you die"

Well..... I used to be thin. :mrgreen:

Wed May 15, 2019 2:41 am
Senior Admin

Reap you should post a couple pics of your setup. My problem back then was everything saltwater was expensive, the fish to coral etc etc, and I bet its still an expensive hobby albeit it an awesome hobby, now i would kinda do what crit does, community fish, but not too many so they self regulate, I have a 20 gallon with all the trimmins sitting upstairs that I could easily set up but havent gotten around to it.

Crit, you arent sophia stewart by any chance?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/ins ... ve-hoaxes/

Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next