View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
How is your summer goin? 

Post Re: How is your summer goin?
Christopher wrote:
Maybe if you had a multi-button mouse, you could set one button so moving the mouse made you strafe and another for jump? Or perhaps a footswitch for jump, use your right foot for that?

Yeah, I've tried lots configurations but I still suck. :lol:

and talk to yourself as you die"

Well..... I used to be thin. :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

ThinMan wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Maybe if you had a multi-button mouse, you could set one button so moving the mouse made you strafe and another for jump? Or perhaps a footswitch for jump, use your right foot for that?

If you play under the name "thinman", I for one won't give you any shit, even if you just keep running into the wall - it's the people who I have no idea if they have some legit reason for being a potato, or, if they're just being an asshole on purpose that got me riled up...

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Christopher wrote:
ThinMan wrote:
Christopher wrote:

If you play under the name "thinman", I for one won't give you any shit, even if you just keep running into the wall - it's the people who I have no idea if they have some legit reason for being a potato, or, if they're just being an asshole on purpose that got me riled up...

Thanks Crit. :wave:

Last edited by ThinMan on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 am
Senior Admin

shit that went well...glad to see no one is dying of cancer or heart disease

Procyon, confused here, you have gold that you are sitting on, why do you live in an apartment?

from what little i can gather, get as far away from the tallest buildings next to you and much better

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm
Site Admin

Been busy as hell myself. Bought a lakehouse in November of last year and up until a little over a month ago have been spending nearly every weekend renovating it. My wife and I tore it down to the studs (it had old shitty 70s wood paneling), took out all the old flooring (GLUED down carpet in the upstairs and tile downstairs), got new sheet rock put up, and replaced all the upstairs and downstairs flooring with engineered vinyl plank (1600 sq ft worth). My wife and I have done everything ourselves aside from putting the sheet rock up. Also broke my middle left finger in a nasty dirt bike crash I amazingly walked away from unscathed with nothing other than one broken finger, so I physically couldn't play until recently. Aside from all that, having a 5 year old daughter and almost 3 year old son have taken up all my other time. My 5 yr old just started Kindergarten!

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Senior Admin

Nice Reap! well besides the the finger. Crazy having a second property isnt it, work all week, work all weekend, rinse, repeat. But sounds like you are getting to the point where you can sit back and enjoy it.. Two things,, what state you in out of curiousity, and can you send a link or whatever for the engineered vinyl plank, havent really heard of that and eventually gotta do the floor and my place.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 pm
Site Admin

Yo Skull, if by state you mean where do I live, I'm in GA. If you mean the state of the lakehouse, we're basically down to putting the door and floor trim back up. We also have a few small spots to finish painting and do touchup paint. It's finally in a nicely livable state instead of a construction zone. We're going to replace all the windows with some more energy efficient double pane stuff, as the current windows rattle when you step hard and are about as energy efficient as a paper towel. We're going to get someone else to do that though, not because we can't, but we just don't want to spend the time. We also plan on replacing the counter top and refinishing the cabinets, but those are very low on the project list for now. The flooring we used is this: https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/ ... 5/10043214. It's waterproof and super durable, which was a necessity for a lakehouse. It looks beautiful.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 pm

TheReaper wrote:
Aside from all that, having a 5 year old daughter and almost 3 year old son have taken up all my other time. My 5 yr old just started Kindergarten!

If I could give any advice it would be to spend as much time as you can with your kids.
It will make them better people and give you a lot of memories. Right now, memories
are the only thing that keeps me going now a days. It's like emotional money in the bank.

Plus me kid turned out pretty good too. :thumbup:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

I took my daughter, the younger kid (she's 9) to a movie today. I didn't even want to see the movie - but to be there with her, that felt good.

The movie was Angry Birds II. Meh. I guess it was good that the seats were too uncomfortable to sleep in for an adult, because otherwise I might have snored, and don't want to disturb the kids having fun w/snoring :P

My boy, the older one, he's 15 - I think tomorrow I'll take him to see something more fun, since mom is home on Saturday...

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2