View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
2019 EAST Forum Awards 
Senior Admin

Post Re: 2019 EAST Forum Awards
Then, I guess you must be like Van Gogh, who wasn't appreciated very much while alive, but everyone recognized his genius after passing.
I think there's somewhat of a resemblance as well...

Attachments:
Van Gogh.jpg
Van Gogh.jpg [ 48.49 KiB | Viewed 463 times ]
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:09 pm
Site Admin

Crit is so far 0-4 in 1v1 matches he had (against me,BN,Funtor and Crazy)

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Boogie]{night

I'm sure a lot of people appreciate what my story added to The Matrix, but, the Wachowski's don't seem to think it's a big deal to "borrow" from other people's stories to make their movies. So, while they might have thought "wow, that's perfect" when they heard my story, and then decided to use it, later, they don't think to bother to pay much respect to me - after all, they did most of the work of making the movie, my contribution is so small, I'm probably not even worth mentioning, in their opinion.

But, I've always worked hard to be excellent at whatever job I've had, so I know I've been appreciated much in the past - even for small jobs that don't seem so important, if I can make a person's day better, or somehow go above and beyond in the level of support I provided in my IT roles, it brings me great satisfaction to see the appreciation people had.

It's perfectly OK if I'm not a great artist like Van Gogh, or, a famous celebrity in the movie production business. I don't think I've ever been the "very best" at anything, but, I'm happy when I can make a contribution and improve people's lives - however big or small that contribution may be.

For example, I believe I was able to significantly help the speaker company I worked at - working with the owner/CEO (John Strohbeen) of the company we developed an entirely new line of products which helped revitalize the company. I developed (with much help from John) the Micro Walsh speakers which led to John and I working further and developing the model 1000 and a new version of "Walsh 2" sized speaker called the 2000 which is the one wich they've recently found increased success with - it was their first speaker which at the company to be developed using computer simulation:

https://ohmspeaker.com/reviews/z-review ... kers-ever/

What did I get in return? I didn't get wealth, or fame, what I got was a sincere compliment from the most senior worker at the company: he said: "Where Chris walks, flowers grow" - I can always remember that, and feel a warm happy feeling.

It's funny how remarkably opposite that is of some people's opinion of me, among those who've only contact w/me is online, through forums like this, or in the game - it's like people think of me almost like some kind of retarded demon spewing filth and scum everywhere I walk :P

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 pm
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:39 am

Reckon it needs gas mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:49 am
Site Admin

Critofur reminds me so much of my brother it's really creepy. Socially retarded, narcissistic, delusional, unable to stop telling people about his grandeur...

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:12 am
Admin

I didn’t know that u have a retarded brother like critufor’s bro :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:22 pm
Profile YIM

Well... the forum does have polls built in, so... it's not like we couldn't do it.
Someone just has to make the poll post.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:27 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

TheReaper wrote:
Critofur reminds me so much of my brother it's really creepy. Socially retarded, narcissistic, delusional, unable to stop telling people about his grandeur...

Hmm. See, you're being rather insulting, and my response is to be defensive - you call it "delusional", because you are not intelligent enough to tell the difference when I'm actually telling the truth. Either that, or you're simply too skeptical and jaded. I would never come close to making this shit up like "Where Chris walks, flowers grow" - no fucking way would I have come up w/that myself. Sorry, you're wrong about the delusional part.

About "socially retarded" and "narcissistic", well those are somewhat more a matter of opinion, so I can't 100% dispute those claims. I can say for certain though, that it's far worse in online conversations and rarely even close to being an issue in person, except in one case with an absolutely heinous boss I had that told me "yes, it's fine if you work from home on weekends", then later told the company co-owner/midwest area president, that I was lying about that, after he went into the office one Sunday and wondered why I wasn't at my desk.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:06 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

RE: Delusional

This is not me pretending to be someone else, I did not make this up (this, like every other claim I make, that you may think is delusional, is totally, completely, not delusion on my part):

Attachment:
3rd party opinion of Critofur in Urban Terror.JPG
3rd party opinion of Critofur in Urban Terror.JPG [ 99.2 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next