View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Why are all the politicians talking about taking my guns? 

Post Re: Why are all the politicians talking about taking my guns
It's fun to play make-believe, but if any type of assault weapons ban goes BACK into effect (we had one 20 years ago, we can have one again, legally) then you'll comply with the law or you'll be a criminal. You'll cease to be a responsible gun owner, you're no longer the "good guy" with the gun. It's that simple.

And no the gov't won't go door to door in some silly inefficient manner, but if you're in possession of illegal firearms it will be just like having an illegal pot grow -- you'll either keep it a secret or you won't. And if the police find out they'll decide to show up unannounced one day or they won't bother with you depending on the severity of the infraction. And if you want to go out in a hail of bullets that's your decision to make.

Pro tip though, if you do at some point find yourself in possession of an illegal firearm and you HAVE to brag about it someone (conservatives have an impossible time keeping their beliefs to themselves), don't tell a leftist. Because payback, bitches.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:42 am
Site Admin

chinkl1fe wrote:
It's fun to play make-believe, but if any type of assault weapons ban goes BACK into effect (we had one 20 years ago, we can have one again, legally) then you'll comply with the law or you'll be a criminal. You'll cease to be a responsible gun owner, you're no longer the "good guy" with the gun. It's that simple.

The law doesn't dictate morality. It used to be legal to own slaves, and illegal to help free them. It used to be illegal for women to vote. It's illegal to have a fucking plant that occurs in nature in most of the US (marijuana, psychedelic shrooms, etc). There were many other fucked up things that the law has said to be ok or not. If the law changes to say having a "assault rifle" is illegal and you keep yours, that doesn't make you cease to be a responsible gun owner. Maybe you believe in what our brilliant founding fathers did and know that a law like that is beyond moronic and doesn't help one goddamn bit, especially since "assault weapons" aren't even by any measure the leading cause of homicides. Pistols cause way more deaths. I believe .22 caliber (basically the least powerful) causes the most. That is so incredibly illogical of a step to take to try to outlaw what isn't even the leading cause...

Also the "assault weapons" ban that was enacted before did absolutely fucking nothing to help.

Civilians in America have many times more weapons than the military and police force combined. The cat is out of the bag. If you think you can round all that up, you're so fucking stupid you should just kill yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ey-reveals

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am

TheReaper wrote:
chinkl1fe wrote:

The law doesn't dictate morality. It used to be legal to own slaves, and illegal to help free them. It used to be illegal for women to vote. It's illegal to have a fucking plant that occurs in nature in most of the US (marijuana, psychedelic shrooms, etc). There were many other fucked up things that the law has said to be ok or not. If the law changes to say having a "assault rifle" is illegal and you keep yours, that doesn't make you cease to be a responsible gun owner. Maybe you believe in what our brilliant founding fathers did and know that a law like that is beyond moronic and doesn't help one goddamn bit, especially since "assault weapons" aren't even by any measure the leading cause of homicides. Pistols cause way more deaths. I believe .22 caliber (basically the least powerful) causes the most. That is so incredibly illogical of a step to take to try to outlaw what isn't even the leading cause...

Also the "assault weapons" ban that was enacted before did absolutely fucking nothing to help.

Civilians in America have many times more weapons than the military and police force combined. The cat is out of the bag. If you think you can round all that up, you're so fucking stupid you should just kill yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ey-reveals

Do you own any machine guns? If not, why not?

What are the stats on homicides where fully-automatic weapons are involved?

When was the last mass shooting where automatic weapons were involved?

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:28 am
Site Admin

chinkl1fe wrote:
Do you own any machine guns? If not, why not?

What are the stats on homicides where fully-automatic weapons are involved?

When was the last mass shooting where automatic weapons were involved?

You do realize there's a huge difference between banning something that was never really prevalent, and something that there is already millions of in circulation right? Banning firearms altogether would be a viable option if there wasn't a gazillion out there. That's not the case though, so to even suggest that is idiocy.

Also if you knew much about guns, you'd realize that it would actually be less effective for a shooter to use a full auto weapon anyway. Full auto isn't like the movies where they just spray forever and kill everyone in its path. If you've ever shot one, you'd realize just how hard it is to do so with any sort of accuracy, and realize just how quickly all the rounds are gone, thus forcing you to need a reload. I have a tremendous amount of experience with shooting guns. I used to shoot 1000 rounds a weekend for several years straight doing various forms of target practice and am quite good. I've also shot many fully auto weapons that are properly licensed. I wouldn't even consider using a full auto gun if I was going to go on a shooting spree, and I could handle it better than 90% of the people out there.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:41 am

Quote:
You do realize there's a huge difference between banning something that was never really prevalent, and something that there is already millions of in circulation right?

It demonstrates an effective correlation between gun laws and gun availability.

Fully automatic weapons are not "banned", they are highly unavailable.

As far as circulation is concerned, assault weapons laws would obviously further regulate private/secondhand sales as well. But I can't say that I can remember hearing a mass shooter getting his AR-15 secondhand. Sure that will trend differently now that Colt has stopped manufacturing AR-15's, at least for the moment.
Quote:
Also if you knew much about guns

Is there where you remind me AR doesn't stand for "assault rifle"? :yawn:

Quote:
...you'd realize that it would actually be less effective for a shooter to use a full auto weapon anyway.

This of course flies in the face of chosen standard-issue rifles for basically every military apparatus in the world since they were invented. Also the Vegas shooter modified his semi-auto to behave more like an automatic and he did just dandy on body count.

Quote:
I wouldn't even consider using a full auto gun if I was going to go on a shooting spree

So which gun WOULD you select for shooting spree? Lemme guess... AR-15?

I forget which, Ohio or Texas, but the manifesto left by a recent shooter specifically mentioned their choice of the AR-15 over an AK-style semi-auto rifle. I believe it had to do with the gun overheating.

When high body count is desired, AR-15 over and over again revealed to be the mass shooter's chosen tool of choice.

Anyhow, these conversations are only as fun as any other argument for the sake of arguing, nobody is changing their mind at this point, just vote and hope you get your way. Momentum is not in your favor at the moment, too bad. :mrgreen:

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm
Senior Admin

Momentum is dictated by the puppet media, and the leftists jump on the band wagon. Wanting to "do good", they base their beliefs not on facts, but on what all the others are saying or believing, like sheep. You only hear and see the "bad" that guns are involved in. You NEVER hear how guns have saved lives. Chicago banned ALL firearms years ago, thinking it would become a safer place, lol. Someone challenged this in court, and the court ruled that it was unconstitutional to ban firearms. Can't be done. Any rifle with a clip is determined by the BHL (Bleeding Heart Leftists) to be an assault weapon. Most of them know NOTHING about weapons, OR the constitution. The 2nd amendment is not outdated and never will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0S7L6s ... hpVv7ODk6A

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Senior Admin

I guess this is from the fbi for 2017

While 467 people were killed with “blunt objects,” like hammers and clubs in 2017, 403 were killed with rifles, the recent FBI crime statistics show.

The FBI includes single shot, semi-automatic, pump action, bolt action and those firearms which are categorized by Democratic lawmakers as “assault weapons” in its “rifles” category. Therefore, only a percentage of the 403 deaths attributed to rifles were carried out by “assault weapons.”

“Knives or cutting instruments” were used to kill 1,591 people, the 2017 crime figures show, while 403 were killed with rifles. Hence, people are four times more likely to be stabbed to death than get shot with any kind of rifle.

and some other stats from the CDC

Drug overdose deaths continue to increase in the United States.

From 1999 to 2017, more than 700,000 people have died from a drug overdose.
Around 68% of the more than 70,200 drug overdose deaths in 2017 involved an opioid.
In 2017, the number of overdose deaths involving opioids (including prescription opioids and illegal opioids like heroin and illicitly manufactured fentanyl) was 6 times higher than in 1999.
On average, 130 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose.1

there is this website to divvy it all up for the 70000 deaths in 2017

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicat ... 2asc%22%7D

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:11 pm

The argument isn't about cumulative deaths by some object. We're not comparing rifles to cars and drug overdoses.

The argument is about body counts for a singular incident in which an individual or individuals set out to inflict pain and death upon others.

Break those stats down into the appropriate context and see where you end up.

Drug overdoes are irrelevant. Automobile accidents, irrelevant unless someone drives a car into a crowd. Blunt objects? Please.

The meaningful statistics, the ones actually driving the issue, are definitely not in your favor.

These are logical fallacies that will never change anyone's mind, they are only useful for helping yourselves feel like you're on the right side of the argument. As a matter of fact I think these kind of arguments only hurt your position.

Whatever, vote and hope you win because significant, hopefully drastic gun legislation will 100% be coming if Trump fails to get reelected. And it's not lookin' too good for Trump.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:02 am

You just posted the same statistics Skull did but in the form of a graph.

Nobody disputes those statistics, they are just in an irrelevant context.

Break that down into MASS casualty / injury context and the argument falls completely apart.

Lol hands and feet, gimme a fucking break.

What gun legislation was presented and failed to pass under complete Democrat control? I don't recall, but regardless, we are dozens of mass shootings and hundreds or thousands of dead citizens past that now.

We had a constitutional assault weapons ban before, we can have it again. If States want to ignore federal law and can legally do so that's fine, you can have your shit confiscated by federal law enforcement then. Works for me either way. To me it's about defeating the American god+guns culture, any and all setbacks are a step in the right direction.

That's not huffing and puffing, that's me still laughing at hands and feet. That's the desperation of a dying culture right there.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:30 pm

nacirema wrote:
Because the War on Drugs has been so successful and demonstrates the Feds are experts at banning things. :lol:

People break the law, therefore laws don't work.

This is a logical fallacy.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next