View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
I can't stop laffing!!! 
Senior Admin

Post I can't stop laffing!!!
He posted this pic under the guise of "I miss those old players".
Love the comments, they are just as brutally honest as most on here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

Most entertainment than I have had a lonnnnng time!

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:11 pm
Senior Admin

Post Re: I can't stop laffing!!!
And this!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 pm

:lol:

The Urban Terror Players facebook group can be highly entertaining.

I recommend you all join, if you haven't already.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

There's a difference between simply being honest, and, a couple butt hurt assholes who are either grumpy because they never could play well, or, they were too stupid for regular high school and had to go to ECOT (essentially you get an online GED).

That one Canadian girl talking trash to me (and others) on there was so stupid that she said (about me) "you weren't even there" [Pizza Militia] even though I was not only far more active in that clan than her, but actually the most active Admin on their server! Ridiculous - Pizza Militia was my favorite "Clan" even though we didn't compete, I was hanging out there/admin for years.

Last edited by Christopher on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Are you taking the side of the asshole trolls in the photo? I seriously hope not - there were some supportive comments such as:

"Bob Crane: and this is why we ban south america"

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:50 pm
Senior Admin

hey i read it all, and well great screen shot being I was there dude! 3rd place holding my own just like I still do, bet i was "move in" "move in" the last two minutes to the rubes. I dont have any problem with good competitors

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:45 pm
Senior Admin

He said that because of your claim that there are some nefarious individuals from SA that once they see that you are on, they will call their friends, and join the server just to troll you.
Maybe, as was posted on FB, they do that because you are so predictable about what your reaction will be. You are usually aliased and not auth'd, so how do they know it's you?
Let me guess, because of your leet game play?
I was sitting on the can last night (once I stopped laughing)(also, that's where I do my best thinking), and I was thinking about your dilemma. I have never questioned that you are a good player. I won't take that away from you. But what irritates most people is your self-promotion. You post a pic from the old days with the statement that you miss a lot of those old players. But the pic that you post is one where YOU are high scorer. It made me think that THAT's why you posted the pic, not to stir everyone's memories of the "old" days, but to show how great you are or were. Don't you have any screenshots where you are around the middle of the scorers, or lower? Do you see Hydro come in here bragging about how good he is, how he carried a team, how he won a game when it was 3 vs 1? Does he post screenshots to impress people?
I think maybe you do all those things because of where you are at in life. You must need to boost your self esteem, or something. By posting that stuff you seem to be trying to convince others of how great you are. That tells me that you personally must have a pretty low opinion of yourself. If so, sorry for that. Time fixes most things. You will either get better or (gulp) worse. Either way, good luck and thanks for keeping forums and facebook alive with all the comments that you generate.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

I used to be pretty good, for a Pub Player - some of the best players played on clans, in tournaments, and learned a different style of playing/strategies/teamwork, and I was never part of a clan with a full team of the very best players. I never have, and never will claim that I was "the best" (despite people repeatedly claiming otherwise, I'm not the least bit "delusional").

For a time, I was good enough to make a fair number of people seriously accuse me of hacking, I can say that without arrogance, or the intention of bragging, but merely as a point of fact relevant* to what we could consider my downfall, from having been someone worthy of respect from more than a very few odd members of the Urban Terror community, and, instead: worthy of derision by most (to some extent, though perhaps not as extreme as some I have faced over and over, ad nauseum).

Yes, it certainly IS quite absurd - the things I have claimed about "trolls" / people harassing me in game - absurd, not because it is untrue, but because of to what extent some of it has happened.

Yes, of course, after years of some unknown number of people doing things to me, or, in my presence playing on servers, that I call "sand bagging" or "trolling", that I will occasionally suspect it when it is not anything related to me being there, and sometimes even, when a person is not at all even trying to bother anyone, but merely a particularly bad player, or perhaps somehow disabled.

The number of people, and the extents to which they have gone to bother me was typically not believed - people scoffed at me, or worse, when I attempted to explain - but - in each case where I was fed up enough with the disbelief to trouble with recording demos of these trolls and post them on forums, people then believed the stories without exception. Comments changed from purely insulting me/saying I'm full of shit to: holy shit, he wasn't lying/making it up/deluded/etc. Yes, even after the demos some people feel the need to make comments such as "well, you brought it on yourself" etc.

Well, I wasn't always a cantankerous old man, I didn't always spend tons of time bitching about "AFKs" and "Trolls", I used to MOSTLY just play the game and OCCASIONALLY bitch about things I hated like the SR-8 being used for "run and gun", on small maps, and how timelimit could take the fun out of pub matches all too often.

There were some years, when, most of the time I simply had fun playing, got along well (or simply didn't interact with) almost all the players I encountered online, etc.

* as to why that was relevant: at one point, some years ago, as I have said before: a group of about 4 - 5 mostly Columbian South American players used to play on a server where I was admin, and would hang out - by this time, I had gotten used to getting banned by some less experienced admins for "hacking"/being accused of hacking, and had grown to appreciate it as an unintentional compliment. Well, first one, then another of these players accused me of hacking. I volunteered to record my play, and send them a demo, and I requested that the spectate me, to see that I was not hacking. Well, at least THREE of them did that, and, they watched me play for over 1/2 an hour! I was quite pleased to have such an audience, and I gladly played, and played well. After this half hour or so, they said that they were now convinced that I was, indeed, a hacker. I was taken aback, somewhat confused, but didn't know what else to do besides simply insist that I was not. I think, but, do not know for certain, that this group was some of the first players to hate me enough to want to bother harrassing me in game, and watch for when I come online, to come bother me again.

Another case was some members of a clan called eVo, lead by a player named Soulforged and with several active members whom I often encountered playing - most commonly I ran into CaptMcKay, Egor, and Soulforged. They grew to hate me (or so I believe) because they would often group up to play against me and my team, even if it meant them playing against me 3 vs 1. At first, I complained about unfair teams, but, eventually, I realized they weren't going to stop and I resigned myself to simply trying to beat them even if they had multiple extra players on their team. I remember one time playing them 1 vs 3 CTF and realizing that I was not going to win on Caps and I said: "well, OK, I'll just keep playing against you and see if I can get more frags on you guys, than you get vs me". When you have three players, and you work together, you should be able to kill him, more than he kills your team members, right? I mean, they had medics, and time to heal each time I died - but I still out fragged them by about 2:1 or more, typically. Since I was kind of annoyed at their playing unfairly against me, I would talk more trash to them. I guess this just fueled the fire of hate?

Here is a list of eVo members:
Admins: /eVo/Divinity ⋅ /eVo/LaptopBrony ⋅ Spooky ⋅ /eVo/CRIMENY ⋅ /eVo/Soulforged ⋅ /eVo/Regal
Rcon Owners : /eVo/Marx ⋅ /eVo/egor ⋅ /eVo/webmaster ⋅ /eVo/WarLord
Members: Capzuz ⋅ Mega ⋅ vanhellsing ⋅ /eVo/Quahog ⋅ /eVo/rhizzo ⋅ 4m3r1c4n0 ⋅ /eVo/HaMMeR-GoM- ⋅ /eVo/Laros ⋅ /eVo/TheChosenOne ⋅ /eVo/Minime ⋅ /eVo/Mixo4 ⋅ fragsinatra

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Boogie]{night wrote:
...Don't you have any screenshots where you are around the middle of the scorers, or lower?

Yes, more than a few, I think?

Quote:
Do you see Hydro come in here bragging about how good he is, how he carried a team, how he won a game when it was 3 vs 1? Does he post screenshots to impress people?.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen Hydro say "EZ", even after losing. He has talked his share of trash, and, his typical response when I complain that there are multiple people on my team trolling + AFK was basically, almost always just: "just ignore them and play" or "get better".

Yes, ***many*** times he's talked about how he carried his team. 3 vs 1? I don't know if he's every played 1 vs 3 or not. Screenshots? No, very rarely have I seen him post screenshots, though I think I have seen them occasionally?

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Generally, I can laugh at myself, and enjoy amusing people.

But sometimes, I get tired of behavior that's like bullying, or, straight up name calling that seems to have turned hateful.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next