View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Corana 
Senior Admin

Post Re: Corana
The doctor says I should quit the cigars. I say, "I can't quit. They're too expensive, and I have a bunch in my humidor. I'm not going to throw them out". He says, what will you do when you've smoked them all?" I say, "buy more!" True story.
Then he says, "we haven't done the finger test in a while", and he starts getting a glove on. I say, "what... no wine 1st?" Then I say, "I bet you've heard that a thousand times". He says, "No, they usually ask for dinner". So I say, "now I feel like a cheap date".
I only average about 1 a day, anyway. George Burns smoked at least 6/day and lived to be over 100.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 pm

A friend of my boss got it several months ago, and was on a ventilator for quite a while. I believe he is currently working on being able to walk again. My boss wears 2 masks to work now. I don't know anyone personally who has/had it.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm
Senior Admin

The Prostate exam?
I admit, it DID take my breath away a little when he went in. They start ever so slowly, with plenty of lube, and then BAM! It feels like they're up to their elbow! I never heard of anyone hospitalized for it tho. I still can't figure out why it took so long, and why he had both hands on my shoulders. It must be hard work for them, because he was all sweaty after.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Quote:
he was all sweaty after.

That wasn't sweat, that was squirt.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:28 pm
Senior Admin

lol. The only part I made up was the cheap date comment.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:57 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Months ago, I mentioned that I acquired Alvesco inhalers as a treatment for COVID19 in the event that I, or one of my family members or friends got sick. There was not any thorough scientific test data to back up a recommendation, just some anecdotal evidence: the three elderly people who were hospitalized with pneumonia caused by COVID19, at a particular hospital in Japan, were expected to be needing to be put on ventilators (intubated), but, after beginning treatment with inhaled ciclesonide (Alvesco is the brand name) they rapidly recovered and were actually sent home after a few days!

The first studies that came out were in vitro, and they demonstrated that ciclesonide was effective against coronavirus. In vitro results do not always translate successfully to efficacy as a drug administered to humans, but, those studies are underway! Initial prognosis is excellent. One study showed a reduction in the percentage of patients needing to be put on ventilators down from ~80% to ~11%!

In order to accumulate a stockpile of 4 inhalers of Alvesco I used an alternative inhaler for several months, now, I am taking Alvesco daily as prescribed, as a prophylactic to prevent asthma. I am allergic to cats and dogs, have asthma, and, we have 4 cats and one dog, so, I need a medication such as this, in addition to cordoning off my 3rd floor living area as a "no pet zone".

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm
Senior Admin

Why would you need a prophylactic for your throat??? NM!

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:16 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prophylactic

Definition of prophylactic

(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : guarding from or preventing the spread or occurrence of disease or infection
2 : tending to prevent or ward off : preventive

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:25 pm
Senior Admin

Sounds good. Thx for clearing that up.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:00 pm

As for COVID (Corana), get this....
Social Security needs ME to provide THEM with proof that my wife and I were divorced when SHE DIED. :(
If I don't it will impact MY SSI..... and when do they want it ? NOW In the middle of a PANDEMIC.... yup. :problem:
Where do I get this info ??? City of Chicago Vital Records..... which is closed due to... see above.... yup. :problem:
All this to get benefits that I never filed for, nor ever intended to file for....... huh. :eh:

I feel like a cat whose owner just discovered the LASER pointer.....

Run Here,
Nope... Here....
A Little More.....
Nope !!!
Oh, Where'd It Go ???
Repeat....... :crazy:

BTW, OUR TAXES PAY THEM TO BE THIS STUPID. :evil:
(I'm sure some poor, unemployed person would LOVE to swap places)

and talk to yourself as you die"

Well..... I used to be thin. :mrgreen:

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3