View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Server Attacked 
Admin

Post Re: Server Attacked
I tried some bomb mode server and they had ff off. It was so ridiculous when run that way. It also encourages absolutely horrible tactics.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

when is the server coming back up?

and is the guy who hacked the same james from xil?

Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

God damn I missed you guys. I thought something major happened, but glad you're back up. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm sure your datacenter guys know what they are doing, but once a friend had a server that was being DDOSed. We just asked the ISP to ignore all packets from the IP addresses that the attack was coming from, but I'm guessing they already thought of that.

Feel like bitchslapping the n00b script kiddie who did this.

*goes off to look for the number for SEAL Team SIX*

If you cheat you're a VERY BAD MAN

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Sucks about the server attack. Everytime I've tried to run my own dedicated box, I've encountered these kind of events.

Even after I shifted to commercial game server providers, my server's skill filtering and balancing was compromised when the dedi box of cookiebot went down.

As for the BOTB/WOTW comments, e.g.

TheReaper wrote:
I sure do hope it's back soon. BOTB is an unmoderated pile of garbage. There's been a tker on there the past 30 min that keeps getting kicked and coming right back lol.

that is a little harsh.

If you guys have feedback, I'm all ears. And if you see a hacker of TKer, report it to me
preferably by sending me a link to their STATs page

As for comments about gameplay on the server, CTFEast's outage is a big shift to the server dynamics. The biggest of which is that both servers shifted ultra high skill and went kick crazy and I'm sorry about that.

I've recently implemented some changes that should better partition players by skill so at all times one server will be ultra high skill and the other more mid-level players. Please let me know what you think and if you see a TKer/hacker tell me, an FTW staff member, or your clan leader.

Mahalo

-Cookies, iBakedUsome

Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 pm
Site Admin

Cookies wrote:
Sucks about the server attack. Everytime I've tried to run my own dedicated box, I've encountered these kind of events.

Even after I shifted to commercial game server providers, my server's skill filtering and balancing was compromised when the dedi box of cookiebot went down.

As for the BOTB/WOTW comments, e.g.

TheReaper wrote:
I sure do hope it's back soon. BOTB is an unmoderated pile of garbage. There's been a tker on there the past 30 min that keeps getting kicked and coming right back lol.

that is a little harsh.

If you guys have feedback, I'm all ears. And if you see a hacker of TKer, report it to me
preferably by sending me a link to their STATs page

As for comments about gameplay on the server, CTFEast's outage is a big shift to the server dynamics. The biggest of which is that both servers shifted ultra high skill and went kick crazy and I'm sorry about that.

I've recently implemented some changes that should better partition players by skill so at all times one server will be ultra high skill and the other more mid-level players. Please let me know what you think and if you see a TKer/hacker tell me, an FTW staff member, or your clan leader.

Mahalo

-Cookies, iBakedUsome

Sorry for the harsh comment man :(. I've been crazy busy lately and was stoked to finally get a little play time in for the first time in a while and was just frustrated to no end by the TKer. I learned how to play this game on the BOTB server and will always hold it in high regard :). Sorry once again and thanks for making another great server available to the community.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:33 am

I'm back. I've been quite busy in the last days. Just email me me if I can help somehow moon.

Thu May 05, 2011 7:21 pm
Site Admin

YUgo wrote:
I'm back. I've been quite busy in the last days. Just email me me if I can help somehow moon.

Good to see you YUgo. I've added you to the moderators on the forums here. When I see you on the server, I'll re-add your perms.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:25 pm

server attacked and ohm not showing...

I'm kidding, but I was seriously wondering what happened with you OHM... :)

Sat May 07, 2011 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next