View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
xmal needs a temp ban 

Post Re: xmal needs a temp ban
Boogie]{night wrote:
I feel that if we have an open discussion here, then you know the rest of the players that log on here will form a lynch party of sorts. Maybe we could start an unbiased discussion in the admin section.

Smart.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:36 am

goateagle wrote:
deflection is not an answer.
how does the server software compel only you to do something?
look into your heart and be responsible for yourself.
the irony that this is a thread u started to ban someone.
(one of the last 10 or so regular players in UrT no less)
((that's hyperbole, don't fixate on that as another deflection excuse))

I didn't even know any of this existed and I was very regular player.

But then again I don't go LOOKING for ways to modify my game to give an advantage.

But then again I'm not ODDLY OBSESSED with WIN/LOSE like Critofur, I can see where his VERY TRUMP-LIKE narcissistic addiction to winning has led him down the dark path.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:40 am

Boogie]{night wrote:
Maybe we could start an unbiased discussion in the admin section.

Yes, let's do that... oh, wait, I'm not in there, 'cause I'm still just the server garbage man. :D

Like, I know you don't get bumped by asking, but still... can you consider upping me to like basic at some point in time? Or just adding me to the admin section?
I'm starting to feel like I'm not really appreciated around here. I do good work, got a shitload of XP as admin over the years and I've never been questioned
on my judgement, 'cause I always take that role dead seriously.

But meh... as far as my two cents go... I don't believe I'm actually typing this, but I'm going to actually tread carefully here and not
throw Critofur under the bus straight away, because as much as I like to throw Molotov cocktails around, this is an actual issue and I do agree that this
is something that has been publicly posted on both the official SID/FS forums and several other main UrT forums as well and there is no doubt that there are
many other players who use these clients with unlocked snaps. This is the reality that we must recognize and consider.

Should he have posted about this client and not just started using it? Yes, he should have. That diminishes his often issued claims of superiority greatly!
Does this make him a cheater? That is the question. To which extent does unlocking snaps give you an advantage over the vanilla client and does using
such a client constitute cheating, given the fact that this has been posted widely, including the official UrT forums with the implied blessing of the UrT dev team?

Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:29 pm

I dunno what FS has commented elsewhere but here is Barbatos stating what I feel has always been the obvious:

Quote:
Re: Quake3e optimized client
Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 am

As a reminder and because I was asked to reply here to clarify things, is officially considered cheating by FrozenSand any unlocking of cvars that are intentionally locked in the QVM by the FS developers, such as maxfps and fov which have clearly defined and QVM-enforced min and max values on "normal" game clients.

Those two urt-specific commits made by a community member 6 months and 3 months ago in that engine's repository intentionally unlock maxfps and fov:
gitgud.io/c0ffee/quake...53c9b40709
gitgud.io/c0ffee/quake...2c2164ad81

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:25 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

I am not the one using "right click zoom" on AUTOs and "quickscope" script/macros w/SR-8.

I am no the one "deflecting" - think about how ignorant that accusation sounds.

The sever is modified, and if it was not, then me playing with higher SNAPS simply does nothing.

Before you accuse me of anything, answer the question: why is the server modified. And, if they made it possible for other players to run at a higher SNAPS, then why would I not do so?!? I've been complaining for MONTHS that I HATE how they [Frozen Sand] undid higher snaps simply because some high ping players had some problems when it was enabled - this should be left up to the person running the server, if they choose to make the game work great for players who do not have unreasonably high pings.

The one of the sources of years of complaining from me has been problems with shitty hit detection that are FIXED with higher snaps. I'm not trying to "gain an advantage", I simply want the game to WORK properly.

I don't, and have not even tried, to use higher or lower FOV (outside of the range normally allowed). I did work with/discuss with, another server admin about using higher FPS, but, we decided that it was not worth bothering to do so, and, I have not done or even desired to try, doing so on East.

Boogie has been so consistently flat out wrong when throwing complaints at me here over the past couple years (when someone does something stupid/ban worthy, he thinks/says it must be me - absolutely absurd, ignorant, and outright stupid) that I wonder if he might be going senile? And "Chinklife" seems to have gone somewhat insane, as he turned into an over-the-top ridiculous troll. You're (almost all of you who participate in this Forum) have practically turned into a bunch of shit throwing monkeys - do your lives all suck so much that you need to resort to trying desperately to cut others down, to make yourself feel better?

I had discussed my custom client with Hydro more than a year ago - I told him specifically that I wanted to play at a higher SNAPS rate, and, when I heard that it was unlocked on CTF East I was so happy! It seemed to work for a while, but then, they changed the server again and it actually made the game run terribly poorly for me so I stopped using it, even before Hydro complained to me about using the custom client. I have stopped using it, and I told Hydro, he's free to verify that by asking me to take a demo if he seems me playing on East. But, sadly, I don't even do that much anymore, I'm so tired and disgusted at all the petty immature bullshit trolls/bullying both here on the forum, and previously there on the server. I noticed, since I almost stopped playing, that the server has almost died now :( Each time I look now, it's empty. Perhaps I will come back and start playing more as a public service, to keep it alive a little longer.

Last edited by Christopher on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:48 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

chinkl1fe wrote:
I dunno what FS has commented elsewhere but here is Barbatos stating..

There are multiple discussions on the official Urban Terror forum where FS members have helped members of the community with building/compiling their own custom clients because they were contributing to the enhancement and further development, such as with improved sound, GUI enhancements, etc.

Playing at a higher SNAPS / SV_FPS setting has absolutely nothing to do with cheating, it's simply trying to make the game function more accurately/precisely. To make it MORE FAIR, not less fair.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

autoaim.cfg wrote:
...Should he have posted about this client and not just started using it? Yes, he should have. That diminishes his often issued claims of superiority greatly!

Again, consider the fact that it does not work UNLESS IT'S UNLOCKED ON THE SERVER. Add to that the fact that I was frequently vocal about the subject, and, it was commonly known that people were using modified clients SO THAT TEH COMMUNITY COULD BENEFIT on servers such as the PUG server, where they tried using unlocked snaps for a while.

Please don't discuss this as if it's something that I unlocked just for myself - no, again, it has to be set ON THE SERVER and NOBODY seemed to be willing to address that, they simply want to throw shit at me, or as you say "throw me under the bus".

I understand that I am annoying - I have known for decades that I have a problem due to a lack of a filter, and being overly honest/oversharing, also, while I am not as much of a "narcissist" as some people like to claim I do also freely admit that I share some tendencies/narcissistic traits which is to be expected from an only child who was both bullied and somewhat neglected. Yes, I seek "praise" and "approval from others", and compound that with the unfortunate fact that "digital text only communication" is lacking SO GOD DAMN MUCH from in person interaction - it's amplified/magnified greatly - any sort of personality issues/defects/deficiencies, problems with communication, etc., can have an exaggerated effect when you can't hear people's TONE or see their FACE/mood/body language when talking/chatting/IRC/Discord/BBS etc. etc. etc. - and all that added trouble is before you even consider the "keyboard warrior"/anonymity etc. etc. etc. effects that change these types of interactions.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Cheater says what

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am
Chronic Hemorrhoid

chinkl1fe wrote:
Cheater says what

I wasn't accusing you of cheating, idiot.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:53 pm
Senior Admin

Christopher wrote:

Boogie has been so consistently flat out wrong when throwing complaints at me here over the past couple years (when someone does something stupid/ban worthy, he thinks/says it must be me - absolutely absurd, ignorant, and outright stupid) that I wonder if he might be going senile? And "Chinklife" seems to have gone somewhat insane, as he turned into an over-the-top ridiculous troll. You're (almost all of you who participate in this Forum) have practically turned into a bunch of shit throwing monkeys - do your lives all suck so much that you need to resort to trying desperately to cut others down, to make yourself feel better?"
I don't recall throwing complaints at you. I'll occasionally say something like "Crit, is that you?" when someone is whining and complaining, but I really don't think it's you, just for my own amusement I guess (and any other forum regulars who may be in the game and know of your reputation).

" I noticed, since I almost stopped playing, that the server has almost died now :( Each time I look now, it's empty. Perhaps I will come back and start playing more as a public service, to keep it alive a little longer.

Yes, all of those South Americans who call each other when they spot you on the server, and gather to harass you don't show up when you aren't on.

I know that I am not a programmer in any shape or form, what started this was you posting a .dm68 demo. Something that I know does not exist in today's UrT. This means (and I'm ASKING here because YOU are the expert) that you still use an outdated client? I don't even know how that's possible. With each new incantation of UrT you had to d'ld and install the latest version, or you would not even be able to connect to the updated servers. Maybe I just don't know how because I've always been a "clean" player.
Anyone seen my bananas?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next