View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Help with identifying if someone is cheating 

Post Re: Help with identifying if someone is cheating
Just my $.02 on this.

One reason I like CTF East is that most players who are cheating get banned outright. However lots of servers dont ban someone who is obviously cheating because they're either in a well known clan, are "pro" or have been doing it so long that no one has the balls to call them on it. So good job Admins.

One small rant though. There's always the case of WHAT people do to cheat. Aimbots and wallhacks are pretty easy and standard, but what about some of the other stuff that Skull posted? Anti-Death, ESP, No Recoil and Radar are more difficult to catch and thereby used by many of the "pro" players out there. Couple of months ago, I had a very regular player on this server target me because he was acting like a douche and I "LOL'd" him when I shot him. He "by chance" killed me (and only me) 16 times in a row no matter which direction on the map I took. Could be a coincidence. (riiight).

Anyways, long story short, here's a big "F*CK YOU" to all those hackers out there. They can cheat all they want, they'll always remain a small dicked n00blet getting bitch slapped in real life.

If you cheat you're a VERY BAD MAN

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Wed May 18, 2011 2:07 pm
Site Admin

Psychout wrote:
Anyways, long story short, here's a big "F*CK YOU" to all those hackers out there. They can cheat all they want, they'll always remain a small dicked n00blet getting bitch slapped in real life.

Amen to that brotha! :clap:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:30 pm

there r youtube videos on it!!!

Not the droid you are looking for

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

YUgo wrote:
Problem2: our banlist is almos full. We are a very loved server by cheaters. A huge amount of new IPs would cause us to go in overflow :P

Ever thought of removing old bans, especially of players that aren't well known, and/or have never tried to connect since? I'm fairly new to UrT, but not to quake3 based games. You should be able to grep the game logs for failed connection attempts, if UrT logs them (I'm used to tremulous, which does have a rather highly modified codebase). IP addresses change, and for those who know about it, its easy to get a new GUID, rendering a single IP ban useless. I suspect most of the bans are too old to be of any use, if you're getting close to any sort of hard limit on bans.

Note: I *am* new here, so feel free to take my word with a grain of salt.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wikzULA4d5Q This might help as well ... These hacks are unusual, as you can see in the video.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Keeper ... that video shows you the newest hacks witch are very difficult to spot.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:02 am
Senior Admin

Our ban list occasionally gets full although that's not my area of expertise. As a head admin on Superman I have little to do with the actual serverside duties. I mostly do the demo reviewing and banning, and add or remove admins.
We keep a spreadsheet, which I post every once in a while for all admins or regulars to download and can refer to at a glance. There's been some debate over whether we need the spreadsheet or not, they claim that it's a lot of work to maintain. However, I'm pretty much the one that maintains it. It's posted on Google Docs, where a few of us have access to it, and can update, or download. I've found that cheaters know how to change B3 IDs and acquire a new IP, so this sheet helps when you suspect someone. You can look up his offense, the area that he was banned from, IP, ID, and a link to the demo.
Attaching a sample to this message. We no longer track Temp Bans on the sheet, Echelon is good enough for that.

Attachments:
Superman Asshat Hacker Log.zip [61.36 KiB]
Downloaded 344 times
Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 am
Site Admin

Cool, thanks Boogie.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm
Site Admin

Keeper hasn't been on here in years that I've seen

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:56 am