View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
AFKs 

Post AFKs
Hello All
Not sure if it's already been discussed here but there is an issue of AFKs being dormant for ages before being auto-kicked. Can the g_inactivity setting be reduced or is it better to keep AFKs in-game for the numbers?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:59 pm
Chronic Hemorrhoid

Post Re: AFKs
Seems like the admins are so far past the point of caring that they think it's FUNNY to have the server full of trolls, AFKs, and retards - if they cared, they'd give veteran players like you, me, etc. at least some level of admin, enough to force people to spec when AFK at the very least and perhaps some ability to !warn players who are trolls/not following rules.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm
Senior Admin

cant argue with that shit, when it comes down to it, there is a certain celestial body that controls everything here

he wont talk to me so maybe you

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:06 pm

That's too bad, not many smoke free servers around. We have !teams which is useful, but could do with !force as well to push these afks into spec. Otherwise someone just needs to change the g_inactivity setting to e.g. 60 seconds? Perhaps the server system admin is also afk :lol:

In the meantime we can ignore the trolls, but can't do much with long term afks.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:55 am
Site Admin

Christopher wrote:
Seems like the admins are so far past the point of caring that they think it's FUNNY to have the server full of trolls, AFKs, and retards - if they cared, they'd give veteran players like you, me, etc. at least some level of admin, enough to force people to spec when AFK at the very least and perhaps some ability to !warn players who are trolls/not following rules.

Critoful, no admin on here think's it's funny to have a server full of trolls, AFKs, and retards. However, I have been on when you're calling people trolls, and they were not. They were just noobs that weren't playing how you wanted them to. You seem to call EVERYONE that doesn't play how you want them to trolls. You seem overly paranoid that everyone in this game is purposefully trolling you.

You can't just hand out admin/mod privs like candy, as doing so can make things much worse. When you have an admin that can't act maturely, that can empty the server much more so than a few trolls. The server should be doing something with long time AFKs. I don't know why it isn't and I know that it is certainly annoying. It is possible that some of these folks are actually trolls and moving just a little bit so that the server doesn't think they're AFK as well. If that is the case, take a demo of them doing it and post it on the forum.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 am

I don't think these guys are trolling, they're probably going to the kitchen / chatting on a mobile and taking their time. Enemy team will kill them which re-starts the inactivity count, own team will boot kick out of annoyance, so they can be afk for the entire map.

Anyone know what the current inactivity setting is?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:44 am

Short demo of what happens when you're afk for a short time. He came back at the end but this is an example of how someone can be afk for an entire game.

Attachments:
File comment: AFK demo
20170818_234936___Loon__ut4_turnpike_CTF.urtdemo [195.8 KiB]
Downloaded 197 times
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]